Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Road Goes Ever On and On....




April 6, 2010

My bestest friendest Emilyest sent me this brilliant postcard - received today! Yep. Even them Jack Rabbits are bigger in Texas.
Poor cattle; ever the brunt of tipping, poking, and punching.




************************************************





April 7, 2010

Here be the fixin's for my Black Bean Dip a la Hackbarth :). Normally I cook dry black beans for any recipe calling for them, but I was a little short on time to make this for dinner - so Bush's will have to do! I also usually add Cilantro, but going to the store without a list in hand does not serve me well. Oops.

Yum! Healthy, homemade, and economical; can't beat that for good eats.



************************************************




April 8, 2010

I didn't have much free time today. Work. Gym. Work on compiling a few quizzes to help my brother study for his computerized driving tests. That's about it! That's ok though; at least it was all productive business!
Here's Grimm taking a nap on our bamboo place-mats on the dining room table next to me. No matter where I am, there he is also. He's so sweet :).



************************************************




April 9, 2010

Steven and I went to the Antique Mall in Waukesha and found two small treasures! I got 2.5 yards of flowery lace (to be used for some future undetermined project), and this 'Robin Hood' book which is two years shy of being 100 years old! We thought that was pretty much amazing, so we grabbed that right away.
It was printed in 1912. When we delicately paged through it, I noticed that the pages with pictures on them had no writing on the opposite sides, meaning that printers back then must not have been sophisticated enough to do double-sided printing with pictures+text. Neat!



************************************************




April 10, 2010

I am REEEEAAALLY liking HDR photography. Like...a LOT. This is an HDR shot of the sun setting over the Menomonee River Parkway which Steven and I took a walk through today (we love our nature-y walks :D ).

About 2 minutes after taking this, I turned around and there was a young doe standing in the path right ahead of us! She wasn't scared by us,but instead by some loud trail-goers coming up the path a ways away. Hmpff....darn kids....scaring nature away from us.


************************************************




April 11, 2010

Thanks Grimm.

We had purchased these fresh tortillas from a little Spanish Fruit Market in Waukesha yesterday. I was looking forward to a delicious breakfast burrito. I woke up this morning to find that Grimm had aimlessly chewed at the ENTIRE circumference of my tortilla stack! He must have been quite bitter with us for some reason to do this random act of destruction.

Oh well...we'll still eat them anyhow :P.


************************************************





April 12, 2010

Kiera y Bella.

I went over to me mum's today and she had two of my nieces over. I've introduced Karen previously; here's her little sis Kiera. She LOVES animals, particularly ♥ horses ♥ , which makes me a VERY happy Aunty.

She adores Bella. I took this shot of her after she had wandered off towards Bella, whom was standing in the middle of the yard simply surveying the neighborhood around her. She stood next to Bella for a while, held onto her collar, and serenely looked out into the world as Bella did the same.
Don't ask me how I got them to match profiles in this photo either. Natural and candid are the way to go ;].


************************************************





April 13, 2010

Fat LOOTZ!! So I went to Joann's today for a few items. So naturally I came home with a bag-full of goodies to start my small-scale jewelry shop.
Look for me on Etsy.com soon!




************************************************




April 14, 2010

YES!! I got a new bike!
Steve and I went to Trekfest this past weekend, and he convinced me to buy myself a bike. SO, I got this ridiculously awesome hybrid bike which is 100% recycled and therefore 100% recyclable (when the time comes)! It kinda has this retro-meets-modern look to it, which helped convince myself it was worth it. I love the idea of crossing the generational gaps by mixing and matching defining characteristics of each.
I haven't had a new bike since 6th grade, so this is pretty epic to me....I could cry, hahah...I had forgotten what a thrill it was to use the bike as a main source of transportation and enjoyment. Ah, the good ole days!

I took this with my camera phone while riding, which explains the crap-tastic shot. Hey I just didn't want to run into anything or be run over, so this is the best I could do :P.
Woohoo bikes!


************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment