Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Year Continued....



   March 20, 2010

This evening, I caught a glimpse of the reflection of our dragon lamp in our Lord of the Rings picture and thought it looked pretty cool :). Go go Gandalf!


************************************



March 22, 2010

As you may have noticed, there is no picture for yesterday the 21st. The day was a blur, as my mother discovered the loss of a very close loved one.
Here we are at my favorite park. There's nothing like a walk through nature to help mend the heart and ease the mind.


************************************





March 23, 2010

Life and death. Sunrise and sunset. Spring has come, bringing new life in more ways than one.



************************************


March 24, 2010

I made this necklace for my mom. The crystal butterfly is a reminder to her that we live as a caterpillar lives: crawling amongst the dirt of the earth, fattening ourselves and preparing ourselves in every way for our metamorphosis, when we will then emerge from our cocoon and fly freely above the earth.



************************************





March 25, 2010

In the arms of the angels and God above. Rest in peace and never again know the troubles of this world :).



************************************




March 26, 2010

Adventurer and father-figure. I'll miss those spontaneous fishing trips.




************************************



March 27, 2010

Ah, the circle of life :). Here is my newest nephew, Gabriel Mark Lavold!! Congratulations Mark and Anna Lisa! They will be amazing parents :). He was born today at 2:30pm. Beautiful!



************************************




March 28, 2010

Here's me Granny and my nephew Reuben. Shannon and Pete were in town for the funeral and so we got to see the baby :).


************************************





March 29, 2010

Newest hobby and slight obsession: jewelry-making. Here's one that I made after a shopping-spree at Joann's today. It's a little difficult to see, but in the center piece there's a swarovski cherry blossom crystal i strung through. I ♥ sakura!


************************************





March 30, 2010

I gave myself a haircut today. Without realizing it, I had successfully cloned myself as well.
Aaaaw...she has my mustache ♥ .


************************************





March 31, 2010

I am so in love with making jewelry right now!! And my obsession with pearls is only growing more and more ridiculous.
I made this one for Mrs. Boese - wife of a dear friend of mine :).

Ach...I need a detailed/ up-close shot :P. Maybe I should invest in a mannequin head for all these jewelry shots? But that'd be kinda creepy, having a head lying around the house. We already have a fake arm in our living room.
Well, maybe one can never have enough spare parts!


************************************





April 1, 2010

Happy April Fool's! Hmmm...it kinda crept up on me this year....didn't have time to actually prepare anything. Blast!

Anywho, I know this is yet ANOTHER necklace photo, but truly this is what I've been spending a majority of my time on lately. It's been very healing for some wounds that have just been very icky lately.
Ah, constructive and functional therapy :).
Well this just may be my most favorite jewelry creation yet! It has two silver sparrows on each side of the neck, just resting above the collar bones and holding the two strands you see here.
♥ birds.


************************************





April 2, 2010

I heard the distinctive call of a Cardinal while at my Mom's house. So after a little bit of searching, I found this beautiful male Cardinal sitting in the tree in front of the house.
They happen to be my Grandma's favorite :).


************************************





April 3, 2010

I somehow failed to remember to take a picture today (so scatter-brained sometimes...), so here is another from the visit to my Mother's yesterday. This was taken at sundown, while the sky still had a bit of sherbet-y color to it. I also just loved how the tree branches 'explode' into the sky! Aaah nature ♥ .



************************************




April 4, 2010

I swear I am a slave to the artistic brain....I have forgotten yet AGAIN to take a picture today! AH so frustrating.
However, this one was taken within the last few days anyhow, so that kind of counts, right? This was taken during a walk that Steven and I took in Hart Park at dusk.
Dusk= Best lighting! I love the mix of saturated colors and contrast ♥ .


************************************





April 5, 2010

I don't know what is wrong with me. I used to hate pearls. With a severe, acute passion. Now....I love them. I can't get ENOUGH of them! This may have been cultivated from my obsession with the styles of the 1920's as well as the styles of the Victorian Era which have been absolutely blooming lately.
And a big 'thank you' to Carly for being so kind as to donate these little Swarovski cerulean crystals! They add the perfect touch :D!



************************************






No comments:

Post a Comment